Grilled Salmon and Arugula Salad
Write a review
- 4 portions wild salmon (6 oz. each), skin and bones removed
- 4 cups baby arugula, baby spinach, or watercress
- 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves removed but kept whole
- 1 cup fresh berries (blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries)
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Back pepper to taste
- Whisk the ingredients for the Champagne Dressing together and set aside.
- Heat a grill to medium heat.
- Brush the salmon fillets with olive oil and season them with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of lemon juice.
- Combine the greens, endive, berries, and walnut halves in a salad bowl.
- Grill the salmon, 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and let rest.
- Toss the salad with some of the dressing and divide it equally between 4 plates.
- Place a piece of salmon on each plate and drizzle with any remaining champagne dressing.
Recipes for Life by Rita Thomas and Chef Erin Holm https://www.recipesforlife.ca/