Butter Lettuce with Shaved Asparagus
Write a review
- 2 heads Bibb or butter lettuce
- 6 asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Whisk the ingredients for the Truffle Vinaigrette together. Set aside so the flavors can blend.
- Meanwhile, shave the asparagus into thin strips with a vegetable peeler.
- Wash the butter lettuce. Carefully separate the leaves.
- Whisk the vinaigrette and toss the shaved asparagus with a small amount of it.
- Toss the butter lettuce leaves with the vinaigrette.
- Pile the lettuce leaves up on the plate. Layer them with a few shavings of asparagus.
- Garnish each salad with a few shavings of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 of the fresh chives.
- If you can get fresh truffles or truffle powder, add a few fresh truffle shavings or a pinch of truffle powder to the vinaigrette.
Recipes for Life by Rita Thomas and Chef Erin Holm https://www.recipesforlife.ca/