Vegan Veggie Stew
This stew is hearty and easy to vary by substituting different vegetables during different seasons. I like adding corn, sweet potatoes, and peas when they are in season.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1-inch squares
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed, outer leaves removed, and halved
- 2 cups spinach
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onion, garlic, leek, celery and Brussels sprouts. Sauté over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower, butternut squash, and coconut milk.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer, cover the pan with a lid and let steam for 5 minutes.
- Add the miso paste and the tahini past to the pan along with the spinach, and stir well to combine.
- Cover the pan again with a lid and let cook for another minute, until the spinach has wilted but is still bright green.
- Stir in the lemon juice, Italian parsley, salt and pepper.
- Serve in a shallow bowl.
Recipes for Life by Rita Thomas and Chef Erin Holm https://www.recipesforlife.ca/