Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Write a review
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup lakanto or 5 drops liquid stevia
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 avocados, peeled and with pits removed
- Whisk together the coconut milk and the cocoa powder in a small saucepan.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate and lakanto and warm gently on the stove, stirring occasionally.
- As soon as the chocolate has melted, remove the mixture from the stove and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour the chocolate mixture in a blender with the two avocados, cinnamon, and sea salt. Blend until smooth. Add extra coconut or almond milk if it's too thick.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into dessert cups, cover, and chill well.
- Garnish with a few pieces of dark chocolate, goji berries, or toasted nuts.
Recipes for Life by Rita Thomas and Chef Erin Holm https://www.recipesforlife.ca/